If you need to edit the URL for a remote Git repository then you could use the following command.
git remote set-url origin git://new.url.here
git help remote or you can just edit
.git/config and change the URLs there. Open
.git/config, look for
[remote "origin"], and edit the
url = line.
You can check it worked by examining the remotes:
git remote -v # origin git://new.location (fetch) # origin git://new.location (push)
See also: GitHub: Changing a remote’s URL
Other related posts:
– Git Delete a Local or Remote Branch
– How to Clone a Git Repository into a Specific Folder?
– How to Merge a Local Git Branch with Master
– How to Setup Aliases and Shortcuts for Git Commands
– How to create a .gitignore file in Windows
This content has been helpful to you?
Thanks for contributing!