In this tutorial I will show you how to clone an existing Git repository.
Step 1: Open Terminal (for Mac and Linux users) or the command prompt (for Windows users).
Step 2: Change the current working directory to the location where you want the cloned directory to be made.
Step 3: Use
git clone command to clone the repository.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:whatever folder-name
Press Enter. Your local clone will be created. The screenshot below shows OpenCV repository being cloned.
Other related posts:
– Git Delete a Local or Remote Branch
– Change the URI for a Remote Git Repository
– How to Merge a Local Git Branch with Master
– How to Setup Aliases and Shortcuts for Git Commands
– How to create a .gitignore file in Windows
This content has been helpful to you?
Thanks for contributing!