A new branch from
master is created, we call it
test. There are several developers who either commit to
master or create other branches and later merge into
master. To merge the
test branch with
master you could use the following commands.
git checkout master git pull origin master git merge test git push origin master
Here we first
master branch and update it locally from our remote source. Then we
merge our local
test branch with our locally updated
master branch. Finally we
push the changes to the remote location.
Other related posts:
– Git Delete a Local or Remote Branch
– How to Clone a Git Repository into a Specific Folder?
– Change the URI for a Remote Git Repository
– How to Setup Aliases and Shortcuts for Git Commands
– How to create a .gitignore file in Windows
This content has been helpful to you?
Thanks for contributing!