To get around this use the following steps
- Create the text file gitignore.txt
- Open it in a text editor and add your rules, then save and close
- Hold SHIFT, right click the folder you’re in, then select Open command window here
- Then rename the file in the command line, with
ren gitignore.txt .gitignore
Other related posts:
* Git Delete a Local or Remote Branch
* How to Clone a Git Repository into a Specific Folder?
* Change the URI for a Remote Git Repository
* How to Merge a Local Git Branch with Master
* How to Setup Aliases and Shortcuts for Git Commands
This content has been helpful to you?
Thanks for contributing!